Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scared Mom at the Scarecrow Festival

Tons of Inflatables
Fun friends Jack and Max

Loving it!
My friend Jen and I are on the same baby schedule. She has two boys the same ages as me and we are both due in the next few weeks. So we decided to take the boys to the Scarecrow Festival. It was super fun and a beautiful day to be outside - tons of inflatables and games for the kids. We'll see if Jen wants to come with me again though...
At one point the kids took off in different directions while playing games. Jen offered to watch Jamison so I could grab Carter, only I couldn't find him. It had been 5 seconds! The place was huge and tons of people everywhere and then my mind races because some guy had been looking at me and trying to get my attention (I think we had been on a date or something and I avoided him), but of course now I'm sure that he was after my adorable kids. So, after 15 minutes of panicked looking (it felt like eternity), I found Carter happily playing a toss the beanbag game. He was totally uninterested in me as I sat down on the ground next to him and cried with abandon for a few minutes. Let's blame it on pregnancy hormones, but not finding your kid is the worst feeling in the world.

No comments: